This endorsement requires an applicant to have, or earn concurrently, an endorsement in a subject or field. The endorsement requires a minimum of 18 semester hours related to the education of learners with high ability and a minimum of 90 hours of related clinical experience, including experience at both elementary (K-6) and secondary (7-12). The Practicum (EDU 704) needs to be completed last for this endorsement.
- EDU 697 Theories of Intelligence & History of Gifted Education (3)
- EDU 700 Social & Emotional Characteristics of High Ability Lrnrs (3)
- EDU 701 Critical and Creative Thinking in High Ability Education (3)
- EDU 702 Social and Emotional Needs of High Ability Students (3)
- EDU 703 Profiles of High Ability Students (3)
- EDU 704 Practicum (hours must be equally divided between K-6 and 7-12 settings) (3)
Endorsement portfolio is required.