Application materials are accepted year round, but are processed beginning in January of each year. Applications received after January will be processed provided there are slots available for the cadres that start in June. Program interviews are scheduled for February and March.
First-time applicants must create an account. After you have created an account, log in and complete the Application for Admission to Graduate Studies in Education.
Once you complete the Application for Admission to Graduate Studies in Education, an Education Leadership Program Application Packet will be sent to you with additional forms and information. (If you do not receive the application packet, or have a question, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in our office.
Submit the following information to the address below:
- A completed Educational Leadership Program Application along with a $30 application fee.
- A copy of your current teaching certificate.
- Your vitae or resumé.
- A 250 - 500 word writing sample indicating your reasons for interest in Doane’s program and your philosophy about teaching and learning.
- Official transcripts from the institutions granting the undergraduate degree and any graduate work that is to be considered for transfer credit. The undergraduate GPA must show an overall minimum of 3.0. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution and bear their official stamp.
- Using the recommendation forms in your admission packet, have three professional associates send recommendations directly to the college.
School of Graduate and Professional Studies
Graduate Studies in Education
303 North 52nd Street
Lincoln, NE 68504
- Once the materials are received, you will be contacted to schedule an interview with the Graduate Dean of Educational Leadership or a full-time faculty member. Your submitted credentials and interview will then be used to determine if a letter of acceptance will be sent to you.
Categories of Graduate Students