Applying for GPS Financial Aid in 5 Simple Steps
Funding Your College Degree
Figuring out how to fund your education is often the most challenging part of beginning college, but it doesn’t have to be stressful.
At Doane, we have dedicated Financial Aid advisors who are a great resource when beginning the Financial Aid process. They work with you to explore and understand the different funding options as well as guide you through any step of the process you may need help with.
If you decide to use Financial Aid as part of your college funding, here are the steps to walk you through the process. Any of these steps can be completed on your own or alongside your Academic Advisor:
- Complete your Application for Admission here.
- Send in transcripts to your specific campus location address. Submit your OFFICIAL high school transcript or GED certificate as well as OFFICIAL academic transcripts from all attended institutions, even if no credit was earned.
For graduate programs there are additional requirements for admission. Please click on your program for more information:
3. Complete or update your FAFSA (the Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.gov. Doane’s FAFSA school code is 002544.
4. Search and apply for local and professional organizations’ scholarships. Check out EducationQuest Foundation’s website for scholarship opportunities you may be eligible for.
5. Complete the Financial Aid Questionnaire and return any forms required by the Financial Aid Office.
Once you’ve completed the steps, then it’s our Financial Aid Office’s turn to do the work. Your financial aid package will be computed and you’ll receive an outline of the funds available to you through federal and state sources.
HINT: Keep copies of all the documents you complete for your records.