Frees Hall was completed in 1931 as a women’s residence, and was designed by Dean and Dean, Architects. The building matches Smith Hall in design and was built to accommodate 185 students. A 450-seat dining hall was included in the basement, where students ate their meals until the campus center was built. The hall is named for Mr. and Mrs. Benjamin Frees for their “generous interest in Christian education in Nebraska.” Frees is now a coed residence. A 2009 renovation project restored and improved this campus landmark, adding amenities such as air conditioning, remodeled bedrooms and living spaces, a game lounge and theater area and outdoor gathering spaces.