Environmental Science Department
Impact the Environment…with the Environmental Science Major
Environmental and Earth Sciences Program
· Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science with emphasis areas in Biology, Chemistry, or a new emphasis area - Computational Thinking.
· Courses such as environmental science, environmental geology, agriculture, environmental economics, environmental history, geographic information systems, alternative energy and climate change.
· Virtually all Environmental Science graduates have gained employment in an environmental field or graduate school admission.
· Combines courses of study with practical education in preparation for environmental careers in government, corporations, and the non-profit sector.
· Interdisciplinary and prepares students to understand and apply the principles of natural systems and their connections to society.
All Environmental Science students complete a senior research project and present their results at MindExpo, Doane’s own celebration of students' creative efforts. Students may also participate in paid summer research projects and internships.
The Environmental Studies minor complements numerous majors including political science, business, economics, history, sociology, communications, biology and pre-law.
Making an Impact with Low-flow Showerheads - Funded by the Midwest Consortium for Service-Learning in Higher Education
Additional sites in the Environmental Science Department