Crete Area Medical Center Ambassador
Ambassador Patient Access
Crete Area Medical Center - 2910 Betten Drive - Joyce Harrington - firstname.lastname@example.org 402-826-7904
The Ambassador is responsible for the initial patient and visitor contact
when a patient arrives at CAMC. This position will enhance our patient
experience by providing direct communication in person and over the phone. They
will be an integral part of the pre-admission process by obtaining and verifying
information to ensure the patients insurance is accurate.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Mark with an Asterisk those Essential Job Functions)
1. *Adheres to the Mission, Vision and Beliefs of Crete Area Medical Center.
2. *Participates in meetings, committees and lean projects as assigned.
3. *Performs service excellence initiatives such as: AIDET, Key Words,
Managing up, 8/10 Rule and Service Recovery when applicable.
4. *Greeting patients and visitors at the door as they enter CAMC.
5. *Guiding patients and visitors throughout the facility
6. *Responsible for reminder phone calls for appointments for the following
7. Responsible for insurance verification both over the phone with the
patient and electronically through various systems.
8. Responsible for securing the building, including locking appropriate doors
and turning off lights to specific areas before leaving their shift.
9. *Assist with scheduling of appointments
10. *Assist with answering of switchboard calls.
11. *Scanning information to patient charts and other business functions.
12. *Stuffing envelopes and preparing information to be mailed for various
13. *Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software applications
relevant to work functions.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all
levels of personnel and medical staff.
4. Knowledge of computer hardware equipment and software applications
relevant to work functions.
5. Ability to handle emergency situations calmly.
6. Ability to exercise sound judgment when giving information to
7. Ability to communicate effectively verbally, over the phone, and in
8. Ability to multi-task and prioritize
9. Ability to manage time efficiently.
10. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with
all levels of personnel, patients and medical staff.Ability to follow
11. Ability to maintain confidential information.
12. Ability to problem solve and engage independent critical thinking skills.
13. Ability to maintain confidentiality relevant to sensitive information.
14. Ability to adhere to hospital and department procedures.
15. Ability to prioritize work demands and work with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Prefer enrollment in a higher education program.
Bilingual English / Spanish preferred.
(DOT) Characterized as sedentary work requiring exertion of up to 10 pounds
of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to move
objects, including the human body.
Involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for