If you are interested in extending your computing studies beyond the requirements for the computer science major, the IST Honors Program may be right for you. The IST Honors Program is also an excellent way to prepare you for graduate school.
Students apply for the IST Honors Program in ATV 137, typically completed during the sophomore year.
To be accepted into the program, students must:
- Have at least a 3.30 GPA in IST courses
- Have at least a 3.00 overall GPA
- Successfully complete a significant research paper in ATV 137
- Be unanimously approved for entry into the program by the full-time members of the IST faculty
To successfully complete the program and graduate with honors with a computer science major, students accepted into the IST Honors Program must:
- Successfully compete a computer science major with at least a 3.50 GPA in IST courses
- Graduate with at least a 3.00 overall GPA
- Successfully complete IST 401
Successfully complete nine additional IST credits beyond those required for the computer science major at or above IST 246, excluding IST 326, 401, 421, and 495