Capital Alumni Chapter Scholarship
Established in December 2008, The Capital Alumni Chapter Scholarship is the culmination of nearly 20 years of fundraising efforts. This award was established by alumni and friends from the greater Lincoln, Neb. area to assist students who attend Doane College in pursuit of an outstanding education.
The Capital Alumni Chapter will award at least one current student a $250 scholarship per semester for a maximum of six semesters (or $1,500) as long as funds are available and the student is in good standing.
Applicants for the Capital Alumni Chapter Scholarship must:
- Apply spring semester of their first year.
- Have sophomore class standing the following fall semester.
- Be enrolled in a full-time, undergraduate program at the Doane College School of Arts and Sciences in Crete.
- Have a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above.
- Be graduates of a Nebraska High School.
- Submit a 500-word essay (MLA formatting) reflecting on the definition of success. Give example(s) of people who meet this criterion. Based on your definition, how do you feel Doane will prepare you for success in the future?
- Continue to earn a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or above.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a committee which includes The Chapter and Office of Financial Aid. The scholarship recipient will be notified by May 15, 2013.
The Capital Alumni Chapter scholarship application deadline for the 2013/14 academic year has closed. Scholarship deadlines for 2014/15 will be announced at a later date.