Crete Campus: The Communicaitons building is now open. For past updates please go to: www.doane.edu/communications-update.
Butler Gymnasium was erected in 1936 and named in honor of U.S. Senator Hugh Butler, longtime member and chairman of the Board of Trustees from 1917-54. An addition was built onto the gymnasium in 1944 to house a former swimming pool, and in 1955, classrooms were added to the west side of the building.