Bridge to Science and Mathematics Program
The Doane College Bridge to Science and Mathematics Program is designed for IINSPIRE-LSAMP eligible first-year minority students interested in science, engineering, and mathematics majors and any women interested in physics or engineering to aid in the transition from high school to college. Next year's program will be from 5:00 PM on August 17 to 11 am on August 21.
- Create a sense of community among a cohort of science and mathematics students.
- Introduce students to Doane science and mathematics faculty.
- Introduce students to Doane science and mathematics programs.
- Gain awareness of expectations and key study skills for success in science and mathematics.
- Explore the full range of careers in science, engineering, and mathematics and the kind of preparation required for them.
- Gain experience in working on a research problem.
- Encourage participation in undergraduate research.