Alumni Career Services
Share your career success and expertise with alumni and students. Throughout the year, alumni volunteers speak at career workshops and professional development seminars. Alumni also participate in industry panels and networking events. Opportunities to participate occur both on campus and in your local area.
WE NEED YOU!
The Alumni Association is seeking volunteers and participants for Career Center programs specifically in the areas below:
CAREER DEVELOPMENT MENTOR PROGRAM
- GPS Lincoln Mentor Program - February 7 to April 18, 2015
- GPS Grand Island Mentor Program - February 6 to April 17, 2015The Career Development Center and Alumni Council is hosting a 10 week mentor program for students at the School of Graduate and Professional Studies in both Lincoln and Grand Island. The sessions include a program kick off and wrap-up celebration, but mentor/mentee meetings are scheduled at the discretion of the alum and student. There is a current need for alumni in the following areas: Public Administration, Paralegal, CEO/Upper Administration, Human Resources, Nonprofit, Healthcare Leadership, Accounting and Information Systems Management. Read more about the program purpose and fill out a survey BEFORE Dec. 25, 2014.
Share your expertise
Throughout the year, alumni volunteers share their expertise, advice and career success stories at career workshops, professional development seminars, industry panel discussions and networking events. Opportunities to participate occur on all Doane campuses in Crete, Lincoln, Grand Island, and Omaha. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
Job Zone: The Nebraska College Recruiting Consortium provides a convenient connection between employers and students/alumni from eight of Nebraska’s four-year colleges and universities. Employers and students/alumni can access the Consortium’s online job board, the JobZone.
- Employers can post full-time and part-time positions, internships, and volunteer/service opportunities which can be accessed by students and alumni from the Consortium member institutions.
- Employers can interview students and alumni at a central location, rather than traveling to each of the eight Consortium schools.
- The Consortium provides résumé referral services to employers.
How do I register?
Registration only takes 30 seconds!
- Go to: https://ncrc-csm.symplicity.com/students
- After registration, you will receive an e-mail requesting that you verify your e-mail address.
- Verify your e-mail address for security purposes.
- A staff member will approve your registration.
Alumni should also consider uploading their résumé so they can apply online for jobs and internships, participate in interviews with employers on campus, and have their résumé referred to employers via résumé referral.