Alumni Career Services
Share your career success and expertise with alumni and students. Throughout the year, alumni volunteers speak at career workshops and professional development seminars. Alumni also participate in industry panels and networking events. Opportunities to participate occur both on campus and in your local area.
WE NEED YOU!
The Alumni Association is seeking volunteers and participants for Career Services programs specifically in the areas below:
Meet the Firms & Accounting Interview Day
The Nebraska College Recruiting Consortium (NCRC) will be gathering accounting firms and other organizations that have full-time accounting positions and internships for two special events: Meet the Firms & Accounting Interview Day. Many accounting majors receive full-time employment or an internship as a result of these annual events:
Thursday, September 5, 2013: Meet the Firms
5:30 - 7:30 pm • Nebraska Wesleyan University, Lincoln
Wednesday, October 2, 2013: Accounting Interview Day
8:00 am - 5:30 pm • Doane College, Lincoln Campus
As a participating member of the Nebraska College Recruiting Consortium, Doane College accounting students and alumni are encouraged to consider one or both events. Contact Carolyn Ersland or Susan Rocker by August 30, 2013 to learn what is required to participate.
Career Development Employment Panel
Volunteer to share your expertise, advice and career success stories with Doane students during Homecoming week:
- Wednesday, October 9th - 6:30 p.m. - School of Arts and Sciences in Crete
Share your expertise
Throughout the year, alumni volunteers share their expertise, advice and career success stories at career workshops, professional development seminars, industry panel discussions and networking events. Opportunities to participate occur on all Doane campuses in Crete, Lincoln and Grand Island. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to participate.
Job Zone: The Nebraska College Recruiting Consortium provides a convenient connection between employers and students/alumni from eight of Nebraska’s four-year colleges and universities. Employers and students/alumni can access the Consortium’s online job board, the JobZone.
- Employers can post full-time and part-time positions, internships, and volunteer/service opportunities which can be accessed by students and alumni from the Consortium member institutions.
- Employers can interview students and alumni at a central location, rather than traveling to each of the eight Consortium schools.
- The Consortium provides résumé referral services to employers.
How do I register?
Registration only takes 30 seconds!
- Go to: https://ncrc-csm.symplicity.com/students
- After registration, you will receive an e-mail requesting that you verify your e-mail address.
- Verify your e-mail address for security purposes.
- A staff member will approve your registration.
Alumni should also consider uploading their résumé so they can apply online for jobs and internships, participate in interviews with employers on campus, and have their résumé referred to employers via résumé referral.