Transferring Courses into Doane
Please note starting August 2014 Doane College implemented a new general education curriculum called the Doane Core Connections. This curriculum update may impact how courses will transfer into Doane College.
- Community Colleges
- Four-Year Colleges
- High School/Other Transfer Options
- Directions on how to read the transfer guides
- Quarter to semester hour conversion
Final course transferability is determined by the Registrar. As catalogs, curriculum and courses change each year so might course equivalencies and articulations.
Course by course transfer guides
- These guides outline how one specific course transfers into Doane. They are sorted by the other schools course number.
- L/GI Only - Courses that only transfer to the Doane Lincoln and Grand Island Campus
- L/GI Course - Courses only offered at Doane Lincoln or Grand Island Campus
- DP Course - Some courses meet the intent of the Doane Plan requirement, however Doane does not offer an equivalent course. The transfer course is brought in as a 'XXX-X88' e.g. HIS-188, INT-388, PSY-288. These courses will plug into the students degree audit so the requirement is satisfied.
- These equivalencies that have been built into Doane College's computer database. Courses are entered into the computer as students have brought them in and requested they be reviewed. Therefore, it is not an all-inclusive list. If there is a course not listed that you have taken or are interested in taking, please contact the Registrar's office so the course can be reviewed for transferability. As more courses are reviewed the list will be updated.
A to B or 2 +2 transfer guides
- A to B - Associate to Bachelor guides details how you can obtain an associate's degree at the community college prior to transferring to Doane
- Courses listed are the community college courses.
- These courses will satisfy the community college's degree requirements as well as successfully transfer back to Doane.
Doane Plan/Doane Core Connections guides
- List courses that will transfer into Doane's General Education program.
- These can include courses Doane doesn't offer.
- These guides do not include additional courses that can transfer in towards a students major.