FAQ & FERPA
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get a transcript?
- How can I get an unofficial transcript?
- How soon are official transcripts mailed out?
- Does a transcript cost anything?
- What is my GPA?
- When will my transfer credit be evaluated and posted?
- When are grades posted?
- How do I get my grades?
- How do I submit a copy of my grades to my employer for reimbursement?
- How do I update my address or name?
- How do I log into WebAdvisor?
- When is the last day to drop?
- When is pre-registration?
- When is formal registration?
- I forgot to formally register now what do I do?
- What is FERPA?
FAQ Frequently Asked Questions Answers
- How can I get a transcript?
- How can I get an unofficial transcript? Unofficial transcripts are available for current students on WebAdvisor.
- How soon are official transcripts mailed out? Official transcripts are mailed out 2-3 days after the request is received.
- Does a transcript cost anything? $5
- What is my GPA? GPA information is available for current students on WebAdvisor under Grades or Unofficial Transcript. GPA information is also available on the Official Transcript. For information on how GPA's are calculated click here.
- When will my transfer credit be evaluated and posted? Transfer credits are evaluated at time of admission. Transfer credit is posted for Crete students once students are pre-registered. Doane Lincoln and Grand Island students transfer credit is posted once their first term is complete.
- When are grades posted? This information is posted on Academic Calendar.
- How do I get my grades? Grades are posted on WebAdviser. Grade reports are not mailed.
- How do I submit a copy of my grades to my employer for reimbursement? Most employers accept the WebAdvisor print out of grades. Doane, like many other area institutions, don't print paper grade mailers anymore so employers are used to the online grade print out.
- How do I update my address or name? Visit the Forms for Student page and select the Change of Information form.
- How do I log into WebAdviser? Along the top of WebAdvisor is a LOG-IN tab to select. At that point it gives you directions on how to log-in.
- When is the last day to drop? This information is posted on Academic Calendar.
- When is pre-registration? This information is posted on Academic Calendar.
- When is formal registration? This information is posted on Academic Calendar.
- I forgot to formally register now what do I do? Contact your advisor immediately to see if your courses are still available.
- What is FERPA? FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) is a federal law designed to protect you. It outlines who Doane can share your information with, and what rights you have as a student to your academic records. Upon admission to Doane all students should sign a FERPA release form that explains your rights and allows you to give other people (mom, dad, husband, employer, grandma, etc.) access if you so wish. To view this form, visit the Forms for Student page and select the FERPA form. More details can be found in the Crete Student Handbook as well as the Lincoln Student Handbook or view Doane's FERPA policy.
BA - Bachelor of Arts
BO - Business Office
BS - Bachelor of Science
BU - Butler Gymnasium, Crete
CM - Communications Center, Crete
COA - Cost of Attendance
COLP - College Park, Grand Island
CON - Whitcome Lee Conservatory, Crete
DA - Degree Audit/Program Evaluation
EA - Chab Weyers Education and Hixson Lied Art Building, Crete
EDUC - Master of Education Building, Lincoln
EFC - Estimated Family Contribution
FA - Financial Aid
FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
FBC - Fred D. Brown Center, Lincoln (formerly NEWC - New Century Building)
FERPA - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
FH- Fuhrer Field House, Crete
GA - Gaylord Hall, Crete
GI - Grand Island
GPA - Grade Point Average
GR - Graduate
HDX - George & Sally Haddix Recreation and Athletic Center, Crete
IP - In-Progress
LI - Lied Science and Mathematics Building, Crete
LUX - LUX Arts Center, Lincoln
MA - Master of Arts
MAC - Master of Arts in Counseling
MAM - Master of Arts in Management
MED - Master of Education
PC - Perry Campus Center, Crete
PJ - Professional Judgment
SAP - Satisfactory Academic Progress
TBA - To Be Announced
UG - Undergraduate
WA - WebAdviser