Mobile Web Site
The Doane Mobile Web Site was created to allow the Doane community to have access to essential information from almost any mobile platform. The design of the Web pages has been reduced to minimal content, in order to allow pages to load and display more efficiently on devices with minimal resources.
The Doane Mobile Web Site loads pages differently, based on platform, which results in pages being rendered properly on a variety of platforms, which include:
• iPhone OS
• Palm webOS
• Windows Mobile
Compatibility was tested thoroughly on each of these platforms. Each uses a different CSS style sheet, which ensures optimal usage for users. The Doane Mobile Website renders best on iPhone OS based devices, including the iPhone, and iPod touch, which have additional features not found on other platforms, such as touch screen enabled maps.
Doane's Mobile Web Site includes several features:
• Gmail/Google Apps – Allows users to access e-mail, and documents from any mobile platform.
• Faculty and Staff Directory – Allows searching and retrieving information about faculty and staff.
• Events Calendar – Displays upcoming events, which can be filtered by subcategories and date ranges.
• Campus Alerts – Displays emergency information for each campus, and automatically recognizes current campus if device is connected to Doane Wi-Fi network.
• Important Contacts – Displays frequently called phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
• Crete Campus Map – Displays a map of all buildings on the Crete campus, information for buildings, and allows touch screen support on select devices.
Check out m.doane.edu for more.
The Doane Events Calendar is now available at m.doane.edu/calendar . We have also created a landing page for m.doane.edu where you can find links to:
- The Faculty and Staff Directory
- Events Calendar
- Doane Gmail (For those participating in the Doane Gmail Pilot)
Now you can access the faculty and staff directory from any cell phone or other mobile device.
To access the site, enter m.doane.edu in the Web browser.
The site was created by junior Craig Eiting as part of his internship project with Doane's Information Technology Services Office.
The directory is the first piece of a planned mobile Doane College Web site. A survey will help guide priorities as the future site is developed.