Sheldon Hall was originally constructed in 1970. In 1978, the three-story building was named after Margaret Thompson Sheldon, Doane's first dean of women and professor of English.
Sheldon was renovated in Fall 2010 to include the following updates:
- Enhanced bedrooms/living spaces
- Exterior gathering areas with a new circular front plaza and large back patio with fireplace
- New lounges on the main and third floor
- Large classroom/meeting space
- A welcome/service desk
- Enhanced bathrooms, laundry, storage and housekeeping facilities