Campus Closing Information: MONDAY, JANUARY 16 - All four campuses will be closed. No evening classes. TUESDAY, JANUARY 17 - Crete campus will open at 10 a.m. Grand Island, Lincoln and Omaha campuses will open at noon. A decision about Tuesday evening classes will be made Tuesday afternoon and communicated. Please continue to monitor the Doane website for further information.
Thank you for choosing Doane University to host your summer conference event. Below is a brief list of items to consider when preparing for your event:
Building & Rooms
- Please keep in mind that these are dorm rooms (they are clean, but they are modest!).
- Some rooms do not include mirrors. You may want to ask ahead of time what amenities your room provides so you can be prepared for your stay.
- Linens are available for a small fee (they must be ordered at the time you book your rooms). However, you may want to bring an extra blanket if you tend to get cold.
- If you are going to be checking in late (after 11 p.m.), please contact us to make arrangements in advance. All buildings are locked and staff is not available for check-in between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- With any large building, it can be very difficult to maintain a consistent temperature throughout. You may want to bring a jacket or a sweater just in case!
- Each building is assigned a Resident Assistant (RA) to answer any questions you may have during your visit.
Handicapped or Special Needs Information
- If you have handicapped needs, please inform us of this in advance so we may try to accommodate your needs.
- Some rooms are on the 2nd or 3rd floor. If you have guests in your group who may have trouble climbing stairs, please inform our staff of this in advance to your visit so that we may take this into consideration when we assign rooms to your group.
- Please inform us if you have any dietary needs/allergies so food service representatives can try to meet these needs.
- Laundry facilities are available. Please do not use powdered detergent (liquid only). Some machines require the use of a card (rather than coins). Please see your RA if you need assistance.
- Parking is available within a short distance of all rooms. Please check-in with our safety office to obtain a permit.
- If your group plans to serve/consume alcoholic beverages while on campus, please advise our staff so that we may review Doane's alcohol policy with you.
- No pets are allowed in the dorms (unless they are service animals).
Food Service (Sodexo)
- Please contact Sodexo Catering to coordinate all of your meal arrangements during your event including banquets or other catered meals/snacks. You may contact the catering manager by phone at 402.826.8225 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Safety Office is located on the top level of Padour Walker. Summer hours of operation are M-F 7:30 AM - 11 PM and Sat. & Sun. on call from 7 AM - 9 PM.