Reserve a Vehicle
Reservations for vans and cars are made on a first come-first serve basis. Requests should be made at least 24 hours in advance. You can reserve a vehicle with Doane College by filling out the Reserve a Vehicle form below.
Driver Certification Procedure for Staff/Faculty
Bring your driver's license to the business office. We will copy it for our files and submit the information to our insurance company. They will run a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR). You must have a clean driving record to be able to drive Doane vehicles.
Watch a Van Driver Safety video and schedule hands-on training with Facilities (information on this process will be provided).
Driver Certification Procedure for Students
- Student must be a member of a legitimate campus organization
- Organization must have a legitimate purpose for requesting the use of a vehicle
- Individual making the request should have the approval of one of the organizations officers and the sponsor
- Organization must have sufficient funds to cover trip expenses
- Student must have a valid driver's license.
Please follow the steps below if you would like to become a certified driver.
Bring your driver's license to the business office. We will copy it for our files and submit the information to our insurance company. They will run a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR). You must have a clean driving record to be able to drive Doane vehicles. You will receive a signature sheet for use in step three.
After you are approved, we will e-mail you.
Obtain the following signatures:
- Student Organization Sponsor
- Student Organization Officer
- Student Life Office
- Business Office
Watch a Van Driver Safety video.
Schedule a hands-on training session with the fleet manager at 826.8218.
When you have completed the above steps, you will be certified and can drive for any group on campus for a period of one year from the date your completed form is received in the Business Office.