7 Reasons to Choose Doane
Few institutions can match our mission to include traditional and non-traditional learners. Fewer yet can boast our world-class liberal arts and sciences education built on pillars of leadership, inquiry, values and engagement. None can seamlessly weave it into one academic community that has stood tall for more than 142 years. Here are seven good reasons to come to the one and only College of countless possibilities — Doane.
Find out more facts about Doane here.
- 1. College of costs less than you think. — Read More…
- We were the first college to implement a four-year graduation guarantee. Our faculty will bend over backwards to help your earn your degree in four years, capping your college costs instead of adding to it. Starting your professional life without paying for those extra years of tuition you could be burdened with at other schools? Now that’s bang for your buck. Not to mention 98 percent of our students receive some form of financial aid.
- Why Doane? For the 2013-14 school year, the average Doane student received a financial aid package of $19,454. For first-year students in the Class of 2017, the average financial aid package was even more: $21,353.
- 2. College of ranked way up there. — Read More…
- Labeled “Best in the Midwest” by The Princeton Review, we back that distinction with an extraordinary array of programs – and even more hardware. US News & World Report deemed us one of the Top 25 Midwestern Schools. Forbes heralds us as one of America’s Top Colleges and Kaplan/Newsweek thinks we are a Hidden Treasure. Need we say more?
- Why Doane? US News &World Report went so far as to name us a “Great School at a Great Price.”
- 3. College of get a great job. — Read More…
- Coming to Doane is just the beginning. You can network to find internships, craft a standout resume and chart your career path in our new College to Career Center. Our graduates have shown just how capable and prepared they are for real-world opportunities, with 93 percent of the Class of 2013 gaining employment or enrolling at a graduate or professional school within six months of donning their cap and gown.
- Why Doane? In an independent survey of 2002-12 alumni, 84 percent of respondents said their first job after graduating from Doane was related to their undergraduate field of study.
- 4. College of be anything, go anywhere. — Read More…
- We believe learning has no borders, and we empower our students with the financial capability to make that dream a reality. For all who enroll as a first-year student, we provide a $1,000 travel scholarship to take you anywhere in the world and help with those study-abroad expenses during your junior and senior years.
- Why Doane? Our students are passionate about taking their learning out-of-country or overseas, like biology and environmental science major Lindsey Wilson ’15, who was awarded a prestigious Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship to study in Ghana.
- 5. College of fit in and stand out. — Read More…
- Pick your passion. We offer 40 majors, seven pre-professional programs, and 24 minors. Students can also join 60-plus student clubs and organizations. And it’s always a good time to be a Tiger – our championship-level athletic programs have been stellar across the board, earning Doane second place in back-to-back years in the Great Plains Athletic Conference’s All-Sport Trophy standings.
- Why Doane? Our engaging faculty challenge students with innovative liberal arts and sciences curriculums, like our biology department which has “flipped the academic script.”
- Why Doane? Our athletes train and compete in some of the Great Plains Athletic Conference’s top facilities, thanks to our extensive expansion and renovations through the Legendary Coaches Campaign.
- 6. College of lightning in a bottle. — Read More…
- We consistently place among the top schools in the Midwest in national rankings, but we pride ourselves on the finer details. Our 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio makes for interactive, engaging classroom environments that challenge students. Our service-focused Hansen Leadership Program, impressive research achievements and rich tradition of Fulbright Scholars are a few indicators of how our academics harness greatness in our students, and it’s reflected when our students take the world by storm.
- Why Doane? Fewer things make us more proud than our rich Fulbright Scholar legacy, which dates back to 1952. Since 1994, at least one student each year has placed in the program.
- 7. College of anything but common. — Read More…
- Doane’s 300-acre School of Arts and Sciences campus in Crete, a designated arboretum and the first of its kind among Nebraska colleges, is renowned for its beauty and has three buildings on the National Register of Historic Places. It's also a safe, close-knit and unforgettable place to develop in.
- Why Doane? Doane was the first liberal arts and sciences college in Nebraska and has the second-highest four-year graduation rate among all Nebraska colleges and universities - both public and private - which beats the national average by two full years.
This is the College of there’s no college like it. Come for one reason. Come for all of them. Do yourself a favor and visit, and you’ll discover even more reasons why it’s great to be a Doane Tiger.
Find out more facts about Doane here.