2014 Fall Orientation
August 21-August 24
The Student Leadership Office welcomes you and your family to Doane College. We are pleased you have selected Doane for your college career. During the next four years, you will be afforded many opportunities that will challenge you and develop your capacity to lead and serve in your future communities.
Fall Orientation is a schedule of events designed to give you a solid experience during your first week at Doane College. Participating in Fall Orientation and Welcome Week events exposes you to people and programs that will enhance your Doane experience.
Orientation programs for first-year students begins on August 21. Transfer students move in on August 24 and participate in an Orientation program that afternoon.
We wish you all the best in your pursuit of excellence while at Doane College!
Although the majority of first-year students move in on August 21, some students move onto campus early. For students moving in early, be on the lookout for your information from your coach.
As part of your Orientation, you’re required to read the Back-to-School issue of Student Health 101 and complete the wellness survey in the issue.
The survey will help us to put the best resources in place for you and your classmates in the Fall. You’ll find the wellness survey within Student Health 101 at http://readsh101.com/go2doane.html
Inside, you’ll find articles about dealing with roommates, professors, managing your time and money, and much more. Plus, you can enter to win $1,000 just for reading Student Health 101.
Avoid long lines on your Move-In day by completing the following before you arrive:
- Go to www.doane.edu/first-year-forms to find and complete
- Meal Plan Options Form
- Payment Option Form
- Medical Forms
- Athletic Forms
- Go to http://forms.doane.edu/checkin/ to complete your Emergency Contact Form.
- Check your Doane email to find your housing assignment.
- Have your parking sticker ready in your mailbox when you arrive by completing the form at http://www.doane.edu/students/campus/safety/resources and mailing it in with insurance and registration info.
- Sign up to receive Emergency Alerts at http://forms.doane.edu/alerts/